Sol Loudness SDK
Smooths variations in loudness and provides continuity of the perceived sound level between streaming content programs
How it Works?
- The Sol Loudness SDK works by splitting the audio content into individual channels, measures LKFS (Loudness, K-weighted, relative to Full Scale) for each channel, and then combines those measurements to scale the audio signal to the optimal loudness.
- Other loudness management software solutions employ a legacy “file-based” approach. The file-based solution is a pre-processing pipeline that destructively modifies the original content and typically produces compression artifacts. The Sol Loudness SDK uses a server-client architecture in which the server-side performs loudness measurement and generates metadata that the client-side uses to normalize content to the target loudness setting.
- Advantages to the server-client solution include (1) the opportunity to set loudness targets per platform, end-user device, or even listening environment; (2) the original content is never modified, avoiding compression artifacts.
The Sol Loudness SDK provides a client based or server-client based solution (API) that automatically controls loudness to correct inconsistent volume levels from various content sources for streaming video players
- Offline loudness is measured on the server side, recorded as metadata, and then target loudness is applied on the client side when the content plays back
- For VOD
- Real-time loudness measured and controlled on the client side
- For livestreaming
Device Loudness Control
- Perceived loudness can be influenced by the combined effect of the spectral structure of the source and the frequency response of a given acoustic transducer.
- Gaudio Device Loudness Control employs multiband limiting to optimize frequency response.
- Adjusts loudness based on composite device profiles.
Context Adaptive Dynamic Range and Loudness Control
- Adjusts based on an analysis of your listening environment
- Less dynamic range and increased gain for louder spaces